Swimming is serious business. It is one of just a few, if not the ONLY, sport or activity that could literally save a person’s life. At SCSC we take our job very seriously and we want to do everything possible to provide information and resources to parents and caregivers, in order to help minimize and prevent drowning. We provide water safety education classes throughout the community, as well as sharing vital information about safe swimming practices. Below you will find several articles and links that can provide you and your family with additional information.
Swimming & Water Safety Articles
- Caring for Your Kids: Why we avoid survival type teaching methods
- Let’s Talk About Water Safety
- Scientific Benefits of Baby Swimming
- Why swim year-round?
- This is why we don’t make promises
- The Truth About Drowning
- Consistency in a Chaotic World
- Is this really progress?
- Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning
- Water Safety & Drowning Prevention
- Creating Water-Wise Children
SCSC Affiliates & Helpful Links
Please contact us for more information about any of our water safety programs or with questions.