Registration & Tuition
Noblesville Year-Round Lessons
Lessons at our indoor Noblesville location: Tuition is due at the time of registration; thereafter, on the 15th of the month prior to the month of lessons (i.e. tuition is charged on January 15th for the month of February). Automatic monthly withdrawal through a checking account (ACH) is the primary payment method. Management must approve any other method of payment. If the bank declines an automatic withdrawal and tuition is not collected by the 1st of the month, there will be a $10.00 late fee.
Seasonal lessons at our outdoor locations in Fishers & Carmel: Tuition is due in full at the time of registration. If registering online, tuition must be paid using a checking account. Payment by credit card must be approved by management. If registering for multiple sessions, a payment plan will be set up. There is a $50 non-refundable deposit included in the tuition fee.
Minimum Number of Lessons
We require that students complete a minimum of eight consecutive lessons in our program (8 weeks/lessons for Noblesville classes & 1 session for classes at Carmel or Legends). Our curriculum is designed in a progressive manner. In order for students to receive the greatest benefits from our program, we feel that they need to remain in lessons consistently until they are proficient swimmers. If a student only takes one month of lessons, that is equal to just two hours of instruction. A lifesaving skill, such as swimming, typically takes longer to master and we want to be confident that every swimmer who exits our program is safe around water.
Changing Lesson Day or Time
If you currently have a student enrolled in a class and would like to change the day or time that they swim, you may view class availability online through the Customer Portal. When you find a class that fits your schedule, please call our office and we will gladly help you switch classes. At this time we cannot do transfers online. Registering for another class online will result in a second charge.
Cancellations & Refunds
Noblesville Cancellation Policy
When you wish to withdraw from our year-round program, you must notify us by filling out a Registration Withdrawal Form, which is available in the office or by contacting us. This form must be turned in to the office by the 10th of the month prior (i.e. Written Cancellation Form is due by December 10th if you wish to withdraw for January). We can only accept cancellations that are submitted in writing to our office. We cannot accept cancellations over the phone. Failure to cancel lessons by the 10th of the month prior will result in an automatic withdrawal from the bank account on file on the 15th of the month for the following month’s tuition. This is not only so that further charges are not put on your account, but also as a courtesy to other clients who may be interested in the class your child is enrolled in. If a student withdraws after the 10th of the month, a credit may be issued to the family account. Credits may be used by any family member and can be applied to lessons, merchandise, or birthday parties. Credits are valid for one year from the date they are issued.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are not able to offer refunds expect due to severe illness. Once enrolled, you are registered until you withdraw, regardless of attendance. We will gladly try to accommodate another class until the end of the month, as long as vacancy exists. Refund requests must be submitted in writing by completing a Refund Request Form which can be obtained from our office.
If you need to cancel prior to starting lessons, we do have a 24-hour grace period after registration. You have up to 24 hours after registering for lessons to cancel without penalty. If you need to cancel lessons within 24 hours of registering, please call our office at (317) 773-7399 or send us an email. However, if you wish to cancel prior to starting lessons and it is after the 24-hour grace period we must receive a Withdrawal Form and all fees will be left on the account as an in-house credit which will be good for up to one year from the date of withdrawal.
Seasonal Lesson Cancellation & Refund Policies
If you have enrolled in seasonal lessons at our outdoor facilities and it is necessary to withdraw your child, please refer to the information below regarding cancellations and refunds.
- Cancellations must be received NO LESS than seven (7) days prior to the start of the session in order to receive a refund. A full refund, less the $50 non-refundable deposit, will be issued within fourteen days of the cancellation.
- If you wish to cancel, please contact us or complete the online withdrawal form. Failure to cancel at least seven (7) days prior to the session start date will result in a forfeit of all tuition costs.
Summer Camp Cancellation & Refund Policies
In the event that it is necessary to withdraw your child, please refer to the information below regarding cancellations and refunds.
- In order to receive a full refund, less the $50 non-refundable deposit, we must receive written cancellation (email is accepted) no less than seven (7) days prior to the start of camp.
- We cannot issue refunds for cancellations less than 7 days prior to the start of camp, unless there is a severe medical or family emergency. In these rare cases, SCSC will evaluate the situation and make a decision regarding a refund. Additional documentation may be required.
In an effort to maintain consistency for students, we do offer make-ups within regular classes when available, as well as special make-ups on Saturdays and Sundays when SCSC has a facility closure.
Upcoming make-up dates (subject to change at anytime):
- Sunday, January 22nd from 1:00-3:00pm
- Saturday, April 22nd from 12:00-2:30pm
- Sunday, June 4th from 1:00-3:00pm
- Saturday, December 16th from 12:00-2:30pm
General Make-up Policies
- To qualify for a make-up lesson, you must notify us prior to the absence, even if it is shortly before class. There are a few ways that you can notify us of a swimmer’s absence.
- The Student Absence Notification form can be filled out and submitted online
- Call the office and speak with one of our staff to report the absence
- Notify us when you come in for a lesson prior to the date of absence.
- Students are allowed one make-up per month and must be completed within 30 days of the missed class.
- Missed make-up classes will not be rescheduled unless we receive 24 hours’ notice.
- Make sure you have scheduled your child in a class that fits your schedule. Please understand that the instructor is there to teach your child, even if you do not come to class.
- We do our best to schedule make-ups at times which are convenient to our clients, but there are certain times of the year when we may be scheduling large numbers of make-ups and therefore we may not be able to meet every need.
- In order to accommodate make-ups, we may put your child in the level below or above their current level. All of our instructors are capable of teaching split-levels, therefore leveling up or down for a make-up will not effect the quality of the lesson.
- We do not offer make-up lessons for Water Babies.
SCSC often uses email to communicate with customers, including information about teacher and class changes. Please make sure that your email and phone numbers are correct. We also use texting to notify customers of immediate information, including weather cancellations and traffic accidents.
Health Policies & Concerns
- It is mandatory that all children under the age of 3 years old and any child who is not 100% potty trained wear a reusable iPlay swim diaper. These can be purchased in our office. Disposable swim diapers may be worn under iPlay reusable diapers, but not alone. Regular disposal diapers are NOT permitted in the pool. See Sanitation Policy below for more information.
- We require that all children over the age of 3 years old whose hair is long enough to get in their eyes wear a swim cap. This prevents the swimmer’s hair from interfering with breathing. While we encourage all children to wear a swim cap, we understand that some may have sensitivities and be unwilling or reluctant to do so. If your child has a sensitivity that would be effected by a swim cap, please let your instructor know and we will accommodate their needs. Due to allergies, latex swim caps are not allowed to be worn. Silicone and lycra caps can be purchased at our retail shop or most sporting goods stores.
- We request that students refrain from eating large amounts of food within 2 hours of their swimming lesson. The movement in the water can often upset children’s stomachs and vomiting in the pool forces us to cancel lessons. Please only give children a small snack before their class.
- If your child has a fever, diarrhea, or a contagious illness, please stay at home until the illness has subsided. If you are unsure, please consult your physician for the proper course of action.
- Individuals with open wounds are not allowed in the pool.
- Please remove band-aids before entering the pool, keep your child’s nails trimmed, and hair pulled back.
Stony Creek Swim Center is NOT a drop off program and is NOT equipped to provide before or after class supervision. For the safety of your child, parents are required to stay in the facility during all classes.
Classes are limited to four students in our small group classes (Angelfish, Puffer Fish, Clown Fish, Turtles, Whales, Dolphins, & Crabs). Our infant/toddler classes and stroke classes can have up to eight students per class (except Little Swimmers 3 which is limited to 4 students per instructor and Jellyfish which is limited to 2 students per instructor). In the event that a class only has one or two children booked in it, SCSC reserves the right to cancel the class and move the students to a different class.
Student Evaluations & Promotions
All classes are evaluated every 2-3 months. We will send an email to notify parents of upcoming evaluation. Students Students who are absent during the evaluation week are not guaranteed to receive an evaluation. Report cards are handed out the week after evaluations and it is the responsibility of the parent to find a new class if the child is being promoted.
2017 Formal Student Evaluation Weeks (dates subject to change)
- January 16th-21st
- April 10th-15th
- July 10th-15th
- October 2nd-7th
An evaluation request can be made at any time and is not limited to formal evaluation weeks. Instructors continually update their student’s skills and will promote a student as soon as they can complete all the required skills for their level.
In our competitive modern-day culture, the impulse to push a child is powerful. Please resist the urge to “fast-track” your child’s progress. Do not get caught up in which level your child is in. With only four students per class, we can easily accommodate small differences. Please refrain from comparing your child’s skills to those of other students. Each child learns differently and at their own pace, so comparing students is not a very effective way of measuring progress.
There is not always time to speak with instructors before or after class, so if you’re interested in communicating with your child’s instructor, please stop by the office and we will get a message to the instructor.
All instructor requests will be considered, but may not always be honored due to scheduling constraints and class availability. When an instructor is absent, a substitute will be provided. Please be open-minded about new instructors/substitutes so that your child will be as well. All teachers are trained in the same curriculum; therefore, swimming with a different instructor will not hinder your child’s progress.
We try to limit facility closures, because we know that it is best for the students to have consistency and that scheduling make-ups can be difficult. However, there are times when things come up and we are required to close. If we have to close unexpectedly, we will make every effort to contact all parents individually, by email or phone. Weather closings will be announced on our voice mail, website, and Facebook page. Closure dates can change at anytime.
We are closed on the following days in 2017 (dates subject to change at anytime):
- Spring Break**: 4/2-4/8
- Memorial Day**: 5/27-5/29
- Fourth of July*: 7/4
- Maintenance*: 8/29-9/3
- Labor Day**: 9/5
- Halloween evening*: 10/31 (close at 3pm)
- Thanksgiving**: 11/22-11/26
- Christmas**: 12/22-1/3
*No make-up offered, because students will still receive four (4) lessons in that month.
**One make-up per student.
Monthly enrollment rates are based on an average of four weeks (or four lessons) per month. Some months will have three lessons and other months will have five lessons. The $80 remains constant and averages out over the one year period. By keeping your child enrolled year-round, the average number of lessons per month is four. However we do provide make-ups for some classes.
In the event of inclement weather, we will do our best to notify all customers. However, there may be times when we cannot access our database and call everyone. We will post any closures on our website and Facebook page. We will also update our voicemail message, if possible.
- If Noblesville Schools close in the morning before school starts DUE TO ROAD CONDITIONS, we will cancel lessons normally held from 9:00am to 3:00pm. We will re-evaluate and make a decision regarding evening classes by 2:00pm.
- If Noblesville Schools release and close early during a school day DUE TO ROAD CONDITIONS, we will cancel all classes normally held from 3:00pm to 7:30pm. We may cancel earlier if needed.
- If Noblesville Schools close due to cold temperatures, we will have classes as normal.
- If there is a 2 hour delay, we will continue classes as normal.
- Students are permitted one make-up per month, so you can choose to use that option if we are holding classes and you do not want attend. However, if we cancel classes, all students will receive a make-up and it will not count as your one make-up per month.
We do our best to make weather-related decisions in a timely manner, however it is not always possible. Therefore we recommend all families check email (look in SPAM folders), Facebook, our website, and local news channels if the weather is questionable. We also send text notifications when possible, therefore please make sure that you “opted in” to receive texts from us. We will use all of those communication methods to relay closing information. SCSC WILL NOT NOTIFY INDIVIDUAL FAMILIES WHO HAVE OPTED OUT OF EMAIL OR TEXT. Therefore, please make sure that you are signed up to receive all communication. You can log into the Customer Portal to make sure we have the correct information and that you are opted in to receive communication.
In order to provide the best service possible, we ask that all customers refrain from scheduling make-ups due to weather cancellations until you have received an email from us. This allows us to set up additional make-up days if necessary and prevents a backlog in the office.
Fecal contamination in or around a pool poses a serious health risk to all using the facility. When an accident occurs, we are forced to shut down operations for an extended period of time to properly clean and sanitize our facility. We are trying to reduce the spread of disease and inconvenience to swimmers whose lessons are canceled. For the health and safety of our swimmers and instructors, please read and follow these guidelines carefully:
- Children who are under 3 years old OR are not 100% potty-trained must wear a reusable iPlay swim diaper underneath their swim suits. These swim diapers can be purchased in our office.
- Disposable swim diapers may be worn UNDER the reusable iPlay swim diapers, but cannot be used by themselves. Regular disposable diapers are not permitted in the pool.
- Our definition of potty-trained is: A child who has the capacity to know when they need to use the restroom and will ask to be let out of the pool to go to the bathroom. If your child is not quite there, please put them in a reusable swim diaper.
- Parents may not bring a child to swim class if the child is experiencing intestinal distress.
- If a child has an accident in the pool, they will not be allowed to return that day. Their swim diaper must be properly disinfected with bacteria-killing disinfectants.
- In the event that a child has an accident, is potty-trained, did not ask to use the restroom, and is not wearing a swim diaper, there will be a $250 fine. The costs involved with fecal contamination are very high, due to having to move/cancel lessons, sanitize equipment, and properly disinfect the water.
- Parents are expected to dispose of soiled swim diapers in the proper containers. They are also expected to assist in cleaning leakage from contaminated areas, i.e. decks, changing tables, showers, toilets, dressing room, etc. The SCSC staff will follow up by cleaning and disinfecting the entire pool area and pool.
- In the event a child has an accident while wearing a swim diaper under their swim suit, they will be required to wear two reusable swim diapers over their suit in the future. If a potty-trained child has an accident and fails to communicate the need to use the restroom, they will be required to wear a swim diaper under their swim suit until suitable communication is established. If a parent has taken all the necessary precautions and an accident occurs, we will not levy the fine.
- If your child is prone to experiencing a gag reflex, we request that they not eat two hours prior to participation in swim lessons and that parents exercise caution with liquids before class. If a student vomits in the pool, they may not return to class that same day.